- Why does her voice annoy me so damn much?
- Yeah, by the third clothing item I find in there that I recall owning at some point in my life, I’d be out of there. Far too many ‘coincidences’ for my taste.
- Rules are there for a reason, you know.
- Jesus, this woman’s ego is off the charts.
- I swear to God, Hashimoto, if you say, “Man, you’re so cute, Kyouko,” ONE more time.
Okay, then. This episode felt like it was targeted to the fears of those who have huge egos. You go into the clothing store, see clothes you used to wear throughout your life, try them on, and recall every moment where the people around you praised you until your head was big enough to make you float away. Then, when you can barely just keep your feet on the ground, their words get twisted and they start insulting you instead and telling you how bad you are at everything, And then… you turn into a mannequin, I guess? I mean, you’re at a clothing store, so it’s the only thing that makes logical sense.
You know what, let’s come out with it: I didn’t understand the point of the mannequins. I know it was previous people and all, but who turned that first person into one? Was it a legitimate mannequin? Or something else? As is usual with this series, nothing is ever explained, but I didn’t care enough about the character or the story to dig any deeper.
The horror in this was probably .5% if we’re lucky. It just wasn’t there. The .5% is for the creepy sounds the mannequins were making. Apart from that, this just wasn’t a good episode. It makes no sense unless your biggest fear is to be ridiculed, I guess? I don’t know, I just thought it was dumb.
Here’s to hoping the last episode of the season doesn’t disappoint. Onwards to the last!