- …These are the nicest character models I’ve seen in a long time in Yami Shibai. This looks more like a Josei anime right now… This is weird…
- WTF. Why are their designs so damn nice right now?! I’m stressing out because the ‘drawings’ of the people normally look goofy, not this good. I can’t even focus on the episode right now.
- This is why I always take the stairs.
- The bag dropped down like a ton of bricks. That’s a good sign.
- “I see one man and two women inside the elevator. Is that right?” OH. GOOD.
- Why? Why would you ask where the other woman is? Just pretend you heard him wrong and go on your merry way like I would.
Jeez, I sure had a lot of commentary for such a short episode. I rather enjoyed this one a lot, but not as a horror episode, as I’m starting to realize about a lot of the episodes this season. This would have worked so much better as a longer thriller story. The man obviously killed his, I’m guessing, girlfriend or maybe ex-girlfriend, now that I think about it. Maybe he was “done” with her and she didn’t want things to end, so he killed her because that’s the obvious solution when you break up with someone and they perhaps want to work things out. I was expecting some Grudge type of girl to be in the corner of the elevator and pop up in a jump scare when the elevator worker mentioned a second woman and the pretty boy warned the girl with him not to look at the ghost, but they surprised me by not going down that route. I was honestly a little disappointed because the ghost was just there and didn’t try to get any type of revenge. She just cried and it made me feel terribly bad for her.
As I was apparently freaking out about throughout the beginning of the episode, the designs for the characters were improved in this episode for some reason. They didn’t look as sloppy and half-assed as they have been lately. I mean, the guy looked like a bishounen, for crying out loud. Both women were drawn very prettily (is this even a word?), as well.
As I mentioned, I did enjoy this episode, but it only left me wanting more. I wanted a longer story of this that dove deeper into what exactly happened, and if this pretty boy is just a one-time murderer, if it was an accident, or if he’s some kind of charming serial killer. Either way, this was a nice, non-horror episode. Onwards to the next!