First Thoughts Prior to Starting the Show:
I am legitimately excited to start watching this. I know the previous six seasons haven’t done the best in the industry and not everyone is a fan of them or of their style, but I love Yami Shibai. I’ve devoured every single season, whether good or bad, and have thoroughly had a great time doing so. I can’t wait to see what this season holds. I will always watch anything Yami Shibai. I’m hoping this season is scarier than the past ones have been, though. Fingers crossed. Let’s begin!
- This guy’s social life is about as empty as mine is. Nice to see they’re using relatable characters as the MCs.
- He 100% agreed to do it because he likes the guy’s house better than his own, not because he wants to try to be a good friend. Don’t lie.
- I thought Japan used those stamp things instead of signing… Or is that only in certain parts of Japan?
- Open it. Come on, act like the main character in a horror story. Do it. You won’t.
- Jeez, this guy is real difficult to convince, isn’t he?
- I think I’m scared laughing right now. The fact that I’m home alone in the dark with the living room sliding door curtains wide open does not help. If someone walks by the sliding door, I will scream bloody murder. My neighbors better think twice about taking a night stroll around our complex tonight.
- This ending song is nothing to call home about.
To start off, I’m super happy and relieved that they still have the classic opening with the same voice actor. It isn’t the same without him. The bad thing is that I’m not a fan of the weird ASMR style they did it in. I don’t want to hear how sticky his lips are while he’s talking. Gross.
The visuals, animations, and voice acting are still pretty much the same. I’m glad they aren’t changing anything because it just works well for this series. I like the unique, cardboard cutout-like style they have of animating. I’ve grown to absolutely love it.
This episode was at least a much stronger start to the season when compared to the past few. It did creep me out a bit since I’m super weird when it comes to sounds, as I mentioned in my recent IT Chapter Two Movie Review. That’s usually what’ll get me. However, I still hate how abruptly the episodes tend to end now; right when it’s getting good, too. I guess I was just spoiled by the first season where they showed me more of the… climax? I hope I’m making sense.
Well, This wasn’t a bad episode at all, so I’m still very excited to see what else this season has in store for me. Onwards to the next!